Salon Privé 2020 – The UK's Most Exclusive Motor Event
Now in its 15th year, Salon Privé has gone from strength to strength. The most prestigious UK motor show, Salon Privé is held in the grounds of Blenheim Palace near Woodstock, Oxfordshire.
Salon Privé 2020 supports the work of Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity. The event has raised over £1 million for this worthy cause. The 2020 event will also support Veloce, a charity working with Hope for Tomorrow mobile cancer units and the Halow Project, creating opportunities for young people aged 16+ with learning disabilities.
Salon Privé 2020
Considered to be one of the top motoring events in the world, this is a unique opportunity to see the world’s most prestigious supercars up close. This year, stringent social distancing measures are in place to ensure that people feel safe.
Salon Privé is the first motoring event in the world to use the LiberApp, available for Apple and Android devices. Guests fill in a short questionnaire before having their temperature tested by the event organisers. A green light then enables attendees to enter the grounds.
Inside, table service is in place for refreshments and a one-way system is in operation for the restrooms. Scroll down for our full video of the 2020 edition.
Salon Privé Model Premieres
Over 20 new car models are presented at Salon Privé 2020. Several of these are World, European and UK premieres.
Salon Prive World Premieres:
- Bentley Mulliner Bacalar – the first car from Bentley Motor’s coachbuilding and personalization division, enabling customers to work with specialist designers on their dream bespoke design.
- Bentley Blower – the iconic 1929 Team Blower is reimagined in a limited series of 12 cars. This is the first pre-war race car continuation series in the world.
- Bentley Continental GT Mulliner coupé – with a Double Diamond matrix grille and eight different three-color combinations.
- Engler Superquad – this striking model weighs just 1100kg and boasts a 5.2-litre 1100bhp engine.
- Touring Superleggera – the iconic Italian styling house takes inspiration from the Touring-bodied Alfa 8C 2900 Le Mans Berlinetta for the Aero3. Featuring a 6262cc V12 engine, only 15 Aero3 will be made, each to the client’s personal specifications.
- Zenvo TSR-S – a carbon-bodied 1177bhp track car that’s also road-legal by this Danish hypercar manufacturer.
Salon Prive Euro Premiere:
There are some impressive cars being unveiled at this year’s edition of Salon Privé. These include a unique flying car and several hypercars.
As Salon Privé Director David Bagley said: “We’re exceptionally proud that so many manufacturers have chosen the magnificent surroundings of Blenheim Palace in which to debut their latest models. We can’t wait to give our guests the first opportunity to see these exciting new cars, which will perfectly complement the legendary classics that will also be on display. It’s a rare opportunity to appreciate the past, present and future of automotive design.”
- Aspark Owl – the first fully electric hypercar from Japan, this limited edition of 50 cars reaches 60mph in 1.62 seconds.
- PAL-V – a unique flying car by Dutch brand PAL-V.
- TDF-1 – powered by a 600bhp turbocharged engine, the TDF1 is by British brand Tour-de-Force.
- Tushek TS-900 – ultra lightweight car with a rear-mounted 4.2 litre V8 motor and electric motors driving the front wheels.
Salon Prive UK Premiere:
- Ares Design Panther Progettouno – the first model from the Legends Reborn series, this tribute to the De Tomaso Pantera combines classic design with the latest technology and a V10 engine.
- Ares Design Coupe – based on the Bentley Mulsanne, with bespoke interiors and a reimagined roof-line.
- Ares Design Project S – the first car entirely designed by Ares, based on the Chevrolet C8 Corvette
- Bugatti Chiron 300+ – the record-breaking car that surpassed 300 miles per hour for the first time.
- Koenigsegg Gemera – the first ‘mega GT’ in the world, providing hypercar performance with a spacious interior that can easily transport four people.
- Manifattura Automobili Torino Stratos – the Turin based manufacturer was inspired by the legendary 1970s rally car to create a limited edition of 25 supercars.
- Morgan Motor Company Plus Four – commemorating 70 years of the Plus Four, Morgan is launching a limited-run of 20 Plus Four 70th Anniversary Edition at Blenheim Palace.
- Rolls-Royce Ghost – the most technologically advanced Rolls-Royce model ever, featuring a rigid aluminium spaceframe and a 6.75-litre twin-turbo V12.
Salon Privé Automotive Brands
Together with the new-model unveilings, Salon Privé also features a handpicked selection of other iconic cars. For example, this unique McLaren Senna GTR LM Harrods tribute car. It took over 800 hours to paint by hand.
In addition to the cars on display, there are also a number of stands showcasing luxury brands such as Boodles, Canali, Champagne Pommery and Gatineau Paris
One of the most fun is the Little Car Company, who are displaying their range of junior models, created in partnership with the world’s finest car manufacturers.
There are also a number of helicopter and jet charter companies present. Who could resist an ironic photo with this one?
Salon Privé Blenheim Palace Tickets
Tickets for this year’s edition are now sold out. You can sign up to the newsletter on their website to find out when tickets are available for Salon Privé 2021.
This year, the tickets came with the guarantee of a full refund in case the event had to be cancelled, which thankfully wasn’t the case.
Salon Prive Schedule
Salon Privé Week – 23-26 September 2020
22nd September – Closed Media VIP Day.
23rd September – Salon Privé Concours d’Elégance by AXA.
24th September – Salon Privé Ladies’ Day by Boodles.
25th September – Salon Privé Masters by Pirelli and Lockton.
26th September – Salon Privé Classic & Supercar including The Salon Privé Club Trophy.
You might also enjoy:
Read all our style articles here.
Like this review? Pin for later or share with friends.
Have you watched our latest YouTube video?