Fenty Beauty Fenty Glow Trio Review & Swatches
Fenty Beauty Fenty Glow Face, Lip, & Body SetFenty Beauty Fenty Glow Face, Lip, & Body Set ($42.00 for 0.49 oz.) is a new, limited edition trio that features a full-size cream blush and lipgloss along with a miniature-sized highlighter. All are after the “Fenty Glow” shade, which first debuted in lipgloss format (included in the set). The cream blush and lipgloss were lovely and consistent with my past experiences with both formulas, while the highlighter could have applied more easily.
Fenty Glow is a light-medium, peachy brown with warm, terracotta undertones and a natural sheen. The cream blush had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to semi-opaque (two to three layers) that applied well to bare skin as well as over foundation as it did not lift it. The texture was lightly emollient, cream-like but not too tacky or thick. It lasted nicely for nine hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC So Natural (LE, $30.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Nude Beach (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- By Terry Tropical Sunset #6 (LE, ) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Meteor Rite (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- The Estee Edit First Lover (01) (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, less glossy (85% similar).
- MAC Gingerly (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Flower Beauty Cinnamon (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sunkissed (P, $36.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Infatuation (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$20.00/0.1 oz. – $200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to give a “fresh wash of color” that is “effortless” to blend with a “natural-looking” finish. The coverage is designed to be “sheer, buildable” with a “sweat- and water-resistant formula.” The brand recommends to apply with fingertips or their 125 brush (which is a fairly dense, angled brush).
The coverage was definitely buildable with a tendency toward semi-sheer coverage, but the intensity depended on application method. The best way to describe was that by the time you applied and blended out one layer, it often looked like that “fresh wash of color” it was marketed as having, but I’d argue they were closer to semi-sheer to medium, buildable coverage than true, sheer coverage. It was very readily built up to more intense, more opaque coverage with a second or third layer. It layered beautifully, too, so achieving higher coverage was easy to do and was still as flattering on the skin as one layer.
If you took a fingertip and swirled it around at least once, you’d get higher coverage, but it would diffuse a bit to more semi-sheer to medium coverage depending on the shade. With a few taps of a moderately-dense, angled brush (like they paired with this formula), one could get more semi-sheer to medium coverage in a single layer. A stippling brush was most consistent at yielding a sheer wash of color, whereas fingertip application tended to be more medium coverage.
That being said, they had the kind of pigmentation that seems pigmented initially but does have a tendency to sheer out in real application, so finger swatches alone are better as insight into potential opacity but not one layer opacity; the blended out swatch is a better indicator of as-applied to cheeks coverage. I still think they were more pigmented than described, but the formula was very forgiving so they could be used with a lighter hand (like one pat or tap with fingertip/brush) for true, sheer coverage if desired.
The formula played well with fingertips as well as brushes, though I preferred fingertips as they’re really just such a handy, efficient tool for cream-based formulas like these (and one less brush to wash!). I didn’t have any issues applying and diffusing out the edges of the blush over bare skin or over foundation (I paired them with Fenty’s Pro Filtr, which is popular but also more matte, so made for a good test base) as it did not lift up base products.
The consistency was more in line with a traditional cream blush; it was emollient and felt wet to the touch in the compact, and it remained emollient when it was applied to my skin. It did not turn to powder as soon as it came into contact with my skin, but it did dry down for the most part. I felt like there was very fine, barely-there pearl through most shades (some had obvious shimmer) which gave the illusion of dewiness, because when I touched the final application, it seemed dry to the touch but absolutely had that “natural-looking”–read: skin-like–finish advertised.
They wore between eight and nine hours before fading a bit, and they seemed to have a nice, even fade beyond that range. They seemed water-resistant as they didn’t bleed when I ran swatches under water, but you could certainly wipe the product away with light rubbing so it wasn’t impervious (resistant implies just that, resistant, but not impervious!).
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush swatches.
Octyldodecanol, Dicalcium Phosphate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Mica, Silica Silylate, Nylon-12, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide, Talc, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).
Fenty Glow is a medium, rosy copper base with flecks of gold and copper sparkle, both finer and larger in size. The texture was lightly emollient to the touch, thin but smooth and a bit denser–the consistency still felt a little dry to me, though. It’s not the easiest product to pick up on a brush for application; it tends to go on best with a fingertip as everything else doesn’t seem to grab product. The formula is supposed to have a “veil” of sparkle, which was true; it was semi-sheer with moderate sparkle and a hint of color. It wore decently for eight hours but some sparkles migrated over time.
- Laura Mercier Temptation (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented (90% similar).
- J. Cat Beauty Pink Goddess (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Blissful (P, $29.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Mírame (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte NYE (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Mirage (LE, $47.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Morning Glory (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Tawny Glow (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Andalasia (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Rêve Salé III (LE, ) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Aqua/Water/Eau, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyisobutene, Alumina, Magnesium Oxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Carmine (Ci 75470), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).
Fenty Glow (Universal) is a muted, medium coral with strong, warm orange undertones and a pearly finish paired that was very shiny and glossy. The texture was smooth, plush, and cushion-like, so it helped to soften lip lines and felt particularly comfortable to wear. It had semi-sheer to medium coverage that lasted well for four hours and felt very hydrating.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Hot Chocolit (P, $19.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Naked (DC, $19.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Taboo (310) (P, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Beaux (P, $19.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Deliciously Demure (LE, $19.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Divergent Fear Not (LE, ) is less pigmented (85% similar).
- Maybelline Lust for Mauve (535) (P, $8.99) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Guerlain Browny Clap (P, $30.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Satisfaction (214) (DC, $28.00) is less shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
$19.00/0.3 oz. – $63.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “peach-vanilla” scent (I’d agree–sweet, lightly fruity) and be “conditioning.” It was designed to be worn alone or layered over other lip products. The consistency was very smooth, light-to-medium in weight, non-sticky, and comfortable to wear. It had a plusher consistency that helped it stay out of most of my lip lines. The shimmer was moderate but noticeable, and it distributed evenly across the lips. They last about three hours on my lips but are hydrating.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Lip Luminizer swatches.
Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Tricaprylin, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mica, Sorbitan Oleate, Silica, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables, Aroma/Flavor, Parfum/Fragrance, Tribehenin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lactic Acid, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene.