15 Ways to Blast Belly Fat Through Food
Belly fat is considered as stubborn fat because once it has accumulated in layers, it refuses to budge even after doing everything in your might, and countless ab crunches seem to have no effect on them at all. The fat layers around the waist area (a mix of both subcutaneous and visceral fat) is different from fat stored elsewhere in the body because it has more alpha 2 receptors on its cells that resist fat burning. It also predisposes one to insulin resistance and poses health risk if not addressed at the right time. Belly fat or visceral fat is a result of bad dietary choices, high-calorie diet, lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle, and also due to lack of sleep. Belly fat can also increase one’s risk for type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and high blood pressure. Depending solely on crunches or other forms of ab exercises will not help to melt away the belly fat, diet plays an extremely important role and the choice of food makes a huge difference. If you want to slim down from the mid section, here’s the list of 15 ways to blast belly fat through food.
1. Milk, Cheese, and other Calcium-Rich Food: Calcium which is an essential nutrient that helps with stronger bones has another important function – it helps with weight loss too by boosting fat burning. It also prevents the body from storing fat. Within the body cells, if there is adequate calcium, that particular cell will burn more fat! Adequate calcium in the body increases breakdown of fat in the bloodstream and preserves thermogenesis, accelerating the weight loss process. When the calcium levels are low, the body tends to make more fat cells.
2. Mushrooms and other Vitamin D Rich Foods: Fish such as mackarel and tuna, and also mushrooms, are rich in vitamin D, whose deficiency is strongly linked to belly fat. In fact, men and women with vitamin D deficiency have layers of belly fat. Amp up your vitamin D not only by getting a bit of sunlight, but also by eating vitamin D rich food.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids: Cod liver oil, fish oil, nuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and even walnuts have good amount of omega-3 fatty acids not only help drop the weight on the scale, it helps to trim down the waistline.
4. Black Pepper: Black pepper contains the compound piperine, a substance that is also known to target belly fat.
5. Garlic: It not only detoxifies the body, garlic has fat-burning compounds and you can mix raw garlic in pure honey and consume it first thing in the morning to shed weight.
6. Whole Grains: Consuming whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat, buckwheat, quinoa help to lower c-reactive protein and inflammation level in the body, which is a major trigger for weight gain and belly fat.
7. Turmeric: It triggers bile production in the stomach which emulsifies fat and boosts weight loss process. Turmeric also helps to convert white fat into brown fat which is easier to burn and also slows down the formation of fat cells. It also stimulates formation of new mitochondria within the cells where burning fat burning for energy release actually happens.
8. Antioxidants: Blueberries, strawberries are extremely low in calories and have a good amount of antioxidants that help mobilize the fat cells around the belly area.
9. Eggs: The protein, calcium, vitamin D content in eggs helps to target and burn fat cells around the belly.
10. Red Cabbage/Cherries: These colorful fruits have flavonoids which suppress the activity of fat-storing genes.
11. Monosaturated Fatty Acids: The monosaturated fatty acids found in olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, etc., along with omega-3 fatty acids prevent storage of healthy fat and boost the fat-burning process.
12. Peanut Butter: Peanut butter without any added sugar or salt, has healthy fats, that help to shed overall weight. That’s why Rati Beauty weight loss programs use peanut butter as a snacking option in quite a lot of our weekly diet programs.
13. Matcha Green Tea: The epigallocatechin gallate content, which is considered a strong fat-blasting agent, is 137 times greater than in regular green tea.
14. Cayenne Pepper: The capsaicin compound has thermogenic effect, boosts metabolism, and also targets brown fat.
15. Caffeine: Caffeine is extensively used in fat-burning supplements and that’s because it helps to burn more calories and mobilizes fatty acids out of fat cells. It also suppresses appetite and boosts metabolism.