Toomey and Vellner Win Rogue Invitational in Dominating Fashion
The Rogue Invitational was capable of throw a contest this weekend not like any we have now seen and so they have been capable of pull it off with minimal difficulties. The primary competitors in over three months noticed two of the game’s prime stars topped as champions, as Tia-Clair Toomey defended her title and Patrick Vellner ran away with the boys’s title.
The boys’s division:
The second and closing day of competitors kicked off with a take a look at of energy within the type of a clear and jerk lift-off. However earlier than all 18 males may begin they needed to compete in a tie-breaker that consisted of seven clear and jerks at 255lbs with a one-minute time cap. That tie-breaker would come into play as Chandler Smith received the occasion with a private greatest raise of 360lbs. The active-duty Military Captain and member of the US Military Warrior Health Staff really tied Lukas Högberg however completed the tie-breaker faster to win the occasion on the Military’s 245th Birthday. For Högberg it additionally was a PR and a welcomed prime end after struggling throughout day one of many competitors. Björgvin Karl Guđmundsson tied 4 different athletes with a raise of 350lbs however had the quickest time within the tiebreaker to assert third within the occasion.
Guđmundsson, who got here into the day in sixth place, improved on his third-place end in occasion 4 with a win within the fifth occasion. The 2019 CrossFit Video games podium finisher crushed the chipper ending precisely a minute (13:55.28) forward of Vellner (14:55.28) for the victory. For Vellner it was his fourth top-two end and all however secured the Rogue Invitational championship. Saxon Panchik positioned third ending the chipper with a time of 14:59.64.
The closing males’s occasion of the competitors ended the way it began, with a Colten Mertens victory. The Rogue Invitational On-line Qualifier champion went full-send and was the one males’s athlete to complete the occasion below three minutes. 2019 Video games runner-up Noah Ohlsen had his greatest end of the competitors, successful his warmth and putting second with a time of three:30.53. Vellner positioned third with a time of three:36.53.
Vellner received the competitors by 75 factors over Guđmundsson and Ohlsen, sporting a crown after being named the Rogue Invitational champion.
- Vellner recorded two occasion wins with 5 top-three occasion placings. His worst end was seventh within the clear and jerk lift-off during which he tied 4 different athletes with a raise of 350lbs however was overwhelmed within the tie-breaker.
- Vellner earned $50,000 for the highest podium spot plus one other $10,000 for his two occasion wins.
- Guđmundsson tied Ohlsen with 555 factors however because of his occasion 4 win claimed the runner-up end by way of the tiebreaker guidelines and earned a mixed $45,000.
- Ohlsen recorded his second third-place end this season. In February he positioned third at Wodapalooza.
- Smith (530 factors) and Panchik (480 factors) rounded out the top-five.
- Jacob Heppner, who began the day in second place, averaged a 13th place within the closing three occasions to complete seventh.
- Mertens joined Vellner as the one males’s athletes to win a number of occasions. He positioned ninth taking house $three,000 which included $1,000 for occasion wins.
- 2015 CrossFit Video games champion Ben Smith positioned tenth.
The ladies’s division:
Not that she wanted to do it however Toomey made an announcement within the opening occasion of day two. In an thrilling show of energy that showcased Toomey, Laura Horvath, Amanda Barnhart and Kara Saunders, it was Toomey who stood alone on the finish. Even after clinching the victory because of a tiebreaker over Horvath, Toomey elected to try 270lbs after being informed she received. The previous Olympic weightlifter for her native Australia made the burden look mild, efficiently lifting it after which letting out a primal scream directed to all that have been watching world wide (and sending commentator Chase Ingraham to hunt shelter below his desk).
Horvath positioned second after lifting 260lbs adopted by Barnhart who bowed out after finishing a raise of 250 lbs.
Within the occasion 5 chipper, Sara Sigmundsdottir tried to make it a detailed race between her and Toomey within the total standings as she received with a time of 13:15.87. Nevertheless Toomey positioned second to extend her result in 50 factors over Sigmundsdottir. Barnhart recorded her second-straight third-place end after successful her warmth with a time of 14:24.37.
With the general title locked up heading into the ultimate occasion, Toomey copied her feat from final 12 months of ending her Rogue Invitational the identical approach she began it, with an occasion win. She was the one lady to complete below three minutes with a time of two:51.93. Canadian Carolyne Prevost recorded her highest end of the competitors, putting second with a time of three:08.18. Horvath positioned third with a time of three:10.25.
Toomey, like Vellner, completed with 630 factors and received by 75 factors. Sigmundsdottir positioned second with 555 factors with Saunders rounding out the rostrum in third with 540 factors.
- Toomey is now an ideal nine-for-nine in competitions (together with Video games and Regionals), courting again to the 2017 CrossFit Video games.
- Toomey recorded three occasion wins and has seven whole in her two Rogue Invitationals.
- Sigmundsdottir completed second to Toomey on the Rogue Invitational for the second time.
- Sigmundsdottir picked up her 13th podium end.
- Saunders, fulltime mother to a one-year-old, positioned third regardless of competing between midnight and 6:00 am Australia time.
- Simmonds dropped from second place after day one to fourth place after struggling on day two. She recorded two sixth locations and a ninth on the ultimate day of the competitors.
- Barnhart was one of many greatest movers of the ultimate day thanks to a few top-four finishes, shifting into the top-ten, putting seventh total.
The Ultimate Prime Ten Leaderboard
- Tia-Clair Toomey (630) | Patrick Vellner (630)
- Sara Sigmundsdottir (555) | Björgvin Karl Guđmundsson (555)
- Kara Saunders (540) | Noah Ohlsen (555)
- Jamie Simmonds (525) | Chandler Smith (530)
- Laura Horvath (510) | Saxon Panchik (480)
- Carolyne Prevost (485) | Adrian Mundwiler (450)
- Amanda Barnhart (485) | Jacob Heppner (440)
- Haley Adams (435) | Alexandre Caron (440)
- Kristin Holte (430) | Colten Mertens (405)
- Brooke Wells (410) | Ben Smith (395)
Get The E-newsletter
For a each day Digest of all issues CrossFit. Group, Athletes, Ideas, Recipes, Offers and extra.