Sharing some ideas from a Tucson native on what to do, the most effective eating places, and the place to remain on this superb lil metropolis.
Hello pals! Hope you’re having a stunning morning. We’re having a tremendous Beautycounter promo proper now: order any routine or assortment and get a free full-sized product! Particulars are right here. You understand how a lot I really like Countertime! For those who didn’t get this week’s protected skincare e-newsletter and place an order, e-mail me and I’ll let you realize about one thing particular I’m doing for shoppers proper now. 🙂 To affix the protected skincare e-newsletter, click on right here!
For at present’s put up, I’m sharing a few of my favourite issues about Tucson! Whereas I completely perceive that Tucson isn’t the must-see vacation spot of the US, it’s a actually distinctive spot with unbelievable native eating places and beautiful surroundings. There aren’t many locations prefer it, and whereas I’m biased since I used to be born right here, I’ve grown extra keen on Tucson as I’ve gotten older. (For instance, in highschool I used to be like, “GET ME OUTTA HERE” after which after I lastly moved far-off, I couldn’t wait to finally come again.)
These days, I’ve been inundated with requests on the place to eat and the place to remain right here on the town. We’re on the finish of winter and hitting a few of our most attractive climate, so it is smart that so many individuals plan on early springtime journeys.
Listed below are a few of my prime strategies for what to do in T-town!
What to do in Tucson for a day
1) Get up and seize a espresso at Ren espresso in St. Phillip’s plaza. They’ve unbelievable drink and snack choices – I really like their housemade vegan protein bars. For those who’re fortunate, will probably be over the weekend and you may discover the farmer’s market and get a crepe from Planet of the Crepes for breakfast.
2) Head as much as La Encantada for some out of doors buying (they’ve an anthropologie, lululemon, kate spade, Athleta, and Pottery Barn) and a craft at Artistic Form. They’ve drop-in crafts that you’ve got do, together with indigo tie dye, wall macrame hangings, watercolors, and wreaths. That is the right spot to hang around with a pal and make a bit memento with a Tucson twist.
three) Drive down Campbell and luxuriate in brunch at the most effective spot: Prep & Pastry. Every thing on the menu is sweet and you may select when you’d like one thing a bit lighter, like their avocado toast or candy breakfast bowl, or one thing extra indulgent, just like the biscuits and gravy or French toast (modifications each day). It doesn’t matter what you do: order one or two of their contemporary pastries to share.
four) Head again to the lodge for some downtime on the pool, or all the way down to College, 4th Ave, or the MSA Annex to discover the retailers.
5) Late afternoon, get pleasure from a stroll at Sabino Canyon, which is likely one of the most picturesque hikes in Tucson. You may as well trip on the eco-friendly tram that makes stops alongside the primary path. (The whole distance up and again is 7.four miles.)
6) Dinner at Cafe Poca Cosa, adopted by drinks and music on the patio at Resort Congress or on the rooftop bar at Playground. Cafe Poca Cosa continues to be my favourite dinner spot for out-of-town visitors. The menu modifications twice each day, based mostly on what’s contemporary on the market and servers carry round an infinite chalkboard with the menu choices. I like to recommend the Plato Poca Cosa, which is chef’s selection, and if everybody on the desk orders the plato, they’ll all be completely different!
Favourite taco spots in Tucson
– Boca Tacos. These are our favourite tacos in Tucson! They’ve so many unbelievable taste choices, a guacamole flight (!), nice margaritas, and chips that arrive scorching out of the bag. Simply do it.
– Calle Tepa. That is an superior spot that we go to virtually weekly for informal avenue Mexican meals. The service is insanely quick and the nice is all the time good. This can be a great place to take the children!
– Blanco Tacos. Blanco is situated in La Encantada (our most high-end buying heart), surrounded by retailers, different eating places (we additionally love North and Ra) and beautiful metropolis views. They’ve the BEST rice.. it’s creamy, buttery perfection.
Wholesome eating places in Tucson
Tucson has so many extremely native eating places with wholesome choices. You may go just about anyplace and discover one thing that can sound good to you. (For instance, you may go to Prep & Pastry and get the most effective pancakes of your life, or a candy potato hash with eggs. You do you!) For this part, I’m specializing in the most effective eating places that target health-centered meals. What I imply by this: they’re plant-based, supply native and natural incredibles, supply vegan and gluten-free choices, and can make you permit fully full, however nonetheless feeling energized.
Goodness is considered one of my favourite lunch spots in Tucson. They’ve smoothies, bowls, contemporary juices, kombucha, it’s superior.
Charro Vida is likely one of the newer spots that I really like. They’ve a ton of vegan and gluten-free menu choices, together with gluten-free chocolate churros!
Renee’s Natural Oven:
I’ve liked Renee’s Natural Oven for a very long time. They use quite a lot of natural and native components, have superb pasta and pizza dishes, nice wine, and fab desserts.
That is the most effective sandwich spot in Tucson, hand’s down. The sandwiches aren’t gluten-free, however they’ve salad and soup choices. All the bread is made in home and it’s amaaaazing.
I truly haven’t been right here but however everybody RAVES about it! It’s Mexican meals with plenty of wholesome choices. Perhaps we’ll lastly head down there this weekend.
That is a wholly vegan restaurant with plenty of gluten-free alternatives. Certainly one of my pals from highschool is their pastry chef and makes the entire ridiculous creations within the dessert case every day, together with completely different brownies, desserts, pastries, and pop tarts (AHHHHH). My fave is the falafel, greek salad, and gf pita bread.
Saffron Indian restaurant:
Saffron is our favourite Indian restaurant on the town – they catered my bday social gathering! – and so they have a lunch buffet, too.
Guilin Chinese language Restaurant:
This can be a wholesome Chinese language restaurant that Kyle goes to usually. (if Kyle likes it, you realize it’s good!)
The place to remain in Tucson
– Loew’s Ventana Canyon: That is the lodge I like to recommend probably the most actually because it’s good, they’ve an ideal pool, it’s excellent for households (they’ve a playground and a koi pond the place you may feed the fish, plus a small path that results in a man-made waterfall), and their Sunday brunch is LEGENDARY. It’s additionally in an ideal location. It’s protected and quiet whereas being about 20-25 minutes away from hottest areas and locations.
– Hacienda del Sol. Hacienda is a quieter lodge, nestled within the Catalina Foothills. They’ve a courtyard with twinkling lights, a wonderful restaurant on website, and can also be in a fascinating location.
– Miraval. Miraval is a world-renowned well being resort, that includes on contemporary and wholesome delicacies, spa providers, health courses, actions and coverings targeted on well-being. It’s all-inclusive (so meals and lots of actions are included, plus you obtain spa credit score) so it’s positively value a visit when you plan to remain on property, Zen out, and life your greatest spa life. Try my overview of Miraval right here!
– Arizona Inn. This can be a historic boutique lodge in central Tucson. It’s nearer to the college and downtown eating and buying choices.
– Tanque Verde Visitor Ranch. That is one other nice selection when you deliver the kiddos! The rooms are a bit bit older, however they’ve superior Southwestern casitas (see our overview right here!) and their Sunday cowboy cookout is superb. We’ll usually go for dinner when the climate is heat to benefit from the meals, prickly pear margaritas, and dwell music. Additionally they have an ideal pool, horseback driving classes and camp for the children, fishing, and actions.
Honorable point out: The Ritz-Carlton at Dove Mountain. It’s a Ritz, it’s in a stunning location, however a reasonably far hop on the freeway from most enjoyable issues in Tucson. I’d keep there when you don’t thoughts driving backwards and forwards or when you simply plan on dwelling the lodge life whilst you’re right here.
Honorable point out: Resort McCoy. We haven’t visited this one but, however I’ve heard so many constructive critiques! It’s an artwork boutique lodge.
What to do in downtown Tucson
Some bars to take a look at:
– Sky Bar- solar-powered cafe, astronomy bar at evening
– Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails- love the vibe right here!
– Scott & Co – a small speakeasy for a low-key vibe (although it’s packed on the weekends)
– Highwire Lounge- this can be a nice people-watching spot on the patio
– Cobra Arcade Bar- they’ve game-themed cocktail and old-school arcade video games
Date evening choices in Tucson
– Commoner & Co. – I’ve been raving about Commoner for years and it’s nonetheless our go-to date evening spot. Simply go and take a look at it – ensure that to get reservations first
– The Flying V – Their tableside guacamole is our favourite. Their meals was simply meh final time we went, however I’d positively go for guacamole, chips, drinks and dessert
– Tito and Pep – their cocktails are unbelievable and so they have add a Mexican aptitude to bistro delicacies
* The Coronet – haven’t checked this out but however Kyle mentioned it’s glorious
– Charro del Rey – the desk facet Caesar salad is SO good and so they even have oysters (a uncommon discover in Tucson)
– The Grill at Hacienda del Sol – an ideal date evening spot and so they usually have dwell music on the weekends
– Gaslight Theatre – our native melodrama theatre, the place you may “boo” on the unhealthy guys, cheer for the heroes, and luxuriate in diner meals whereas watching a dwell present. Positively deliver the children alongside for this one 🙂
– Laff’s Comedy Membership – that is our native comedy membership the place you may see native and nationwide acts. Additionally they have a bar + appetizers
– High Golf – we’ve lately develop into big High Golf followers, which is humorous since we’re not actual golfers. The meals is nice and it’s enjoyable to have a pleasant competitors (and quote Completely satisfied Gilmore the whole time).
I believe that’s it!
Are you planning any little journeys or holidays quickly? What’s the #1 factor you advocate to individuals once they go to your hometown?
I’ll share a put up quickly with kid-friendly eating concepts and household actions!